Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My Hospitality Experience

Having had a job in fast food, has made me appreciate people who work in the hospitality industry so much more. I learned that a hospitality spirit is expected from an employee, in food services, at all times. Employees must go out of their way to ensure that guest feel welcomed. To accomplish this, you must go above and beyond to make sure that their visit is as pleasant and memorable as possible. I realized that this is easier said than done, after I had worked in our University's dinning commons for three months.
People take their food very seriously and at times, this can be a hassle. In the end, no matter how frustrated I became guest satisfaction was the main objective that I strived for. Through hard work and dedication, the spirit of hospitality can be achieved. Since I am a major in Hospitality Management these assets are very crucial. In the near future, I plan on pursing a career in recreation, food service, lodging, or special events. Although working in the dining commons was unpleasant, it taught me how to deal with my coworkers and customers professionally. It even helped me master my ability to organize, plan, implement, and measure performance. My job was effective in helping me build a great sense of confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment