Monday, May 8, 2017

Let's Build A Bridge!

It's better to be safe than sorry. It's something that's been instilled in us since childhood. From attending a frat party to walking back to your room after an evening course, it's important that you feel safe at your school. Several times I have been put into high-pressure situations where I was made extremely uncomfortable. Fortunately, they didn't end too badly. However, after having gone through these experiences, I realize that I should have taken action rather than just stand there. I should have protected myself as well as the friends around me. To shine a light on women's safety on campus, I will be doing a presentation on the topic at the next BSU meeting. During the presentation, I will provide the audience tips on how to react during times of crisis. It's important to remember these key points:
1. Be aware of what’s occurring around you.
2. Save the campus police’s number in your phone contacts.
3. Do not be afraid to call for help if you feel unsafe.
4. Safety apps are very useful.
5. Men are at risk of being violated too.
6. Do not be afraid to lend out a helping hand if you see someone in danger.
7. Call the campus shuttle if you do not feel safe walking home at night.
8. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment