Monday, May 8, 2017

Q&A

Interviewee Alondra Lopez (ally/roommate):
  1. What is the most common crime at San Jose State University?
Sexual Assault.
  1. What is the most violent crime at San Jose State University?
The hate crime that happened a few years ago.
  1. What is the emergency protocol for our school?
I guess it would be SJSU PD.
  1. What is the evacuation process like for dorms and classes?
You go to a designated spot on campus.
  1. Do you know the following numbers? Emergency hotline? Student Health Center?
No, not by heart.
  1. If so, are they saved in your phone?
Yes.
  1. Are you aware of any self defense classes offered at San Jose State University?
I think there’s one offered by SJSU PD but I’m not sure.
  1. Do you feel comfortable talking to your professors, peers, and near by residents about security?
Probably my peers but not teachers or residents.
  1. Does our campus feel safe to you?
Not at night.
  1. Where is the closest hospital, police, and fire station?
There’s a fire station off of Market street...not sure about the police or fire station though

Interviewee (Marquis Johnson - ally/friend):
  1. What is San Jose State University doing to keep its students safe?
Sending out SJSU alerts and updates. From what I've seen that's basically it.
  1. Are you aware of any policies used to protect students who are victimized?
No, I am not.
  1. Are you familiar with our campuses crime rate?
No, I am not.
  1. What about its sexual assault statistics?
No, not sure about those either.
  1. Are police usually present on campus?
Yeah, a few. Personally, I don't know if it's different since  I'm a black male but I usually just keep to myself and stay away from them.
  1. Does San Jose State University rely on SJSU PD, city police, or county police?
The city police I believe.
  1. Do you know who’s responsible for the investigation if a sexual assault occurs?
SJSU PD.
  1. Does San Jose State University provide students with programs that educate them on campus safety?
Not that I'm aware of. If there are any I wouldn't know where to find them. Maybe those booth’s that are set up around campus sometimes.
  1. Seeing as how you live off of campus how does our school work to ensure your safety?
Mainly sending out SJSU alerts. I don't feel like they're responsible for me since I don't live in the dorms.
  1. Are you aware of any of San Jose State University’s safe transportation policies or when they operate?
Yeah,  I know about the shuttle. I think they can drop you off within a mile radius.

No comments:

Post a Comment